Fondation horlogère, Porrentruy
"We were in Porrentruy on the occasion of last year’s St. Martin’s market. After our shopping spree, we noticed an advertisement by the Fondation Horlogère inviting us to an exhibition about watchmaking and jewellery at the Jesuit church. Off we went! We were introduced to the profession of the "acheveur" (finisher), who finishes the details of the watchcase, and further on, a lady showed us how she enamels the dial plates. Such precision and minuteness! There was no doubt that these people are true artists who are enthusiastic about their work and even took the time to share some of their knowledge with us."
Alice and her sister
The Fondation Horlogère in Porrentruy was founded in 2001 and is dedicated to the history of the Jurassic watchmaking industry. Different exhibitions, presentations of watchmaking manufactures, or auctions of special objects aim to promote the watchmaking trade in the Jura.
- Monday from 13.30 to 18.00 h
- Tuesday and Thursday from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 13.30 to 18.00 h
- Wednesday and Friday from 8.00 to 12.00 h
Visits are possible at other times upon prior reservation.
Adults: CHF 5.00
Apprentices, students, pensioners: CHF 3.00
Good to know
The visits can be complemented by an aperitif:
- Aperitif with snacks (CHF 25.00 per person): cured sausage, bacon, cheese, totché, Ajoie bread, white and red wine, apple juice, mineral water, coffee, cookies.
- Flat rate offers on the Route de l'Horlogerie. Visits of the region and its watchmaking companies.
Rue des Malvoisins 2
T. +41 (0) 79 821 14 33