The "Grande Boucle"
“We have always wanted to complete the legendary ‘Grande Boucle’ in the Franches-Montagnes but the 42 km were too much for our level of fitness. We therefore completed it in 2 days and it was perfect – exceptional! It is undoubtedly the most attractive cross-country piste in Switzerland!
We set off from Breuleux in the direction of Les Bois and then Le Noirmont. The snow and trail conditions were excellent, with only few ascents. But after 29 km, we arrived in Saignelégier at just the right time as it started to get cold at the end of this January day. The trail passes just in-front of the Centre de Loisirs where our comfortable room was waiting and… a heated outside spa surrounded by the snow and stars! The next day, the skies were blue and the snow was sparkling. Just a short 20 metres on foot and we were already on the piste, ready to complete the circuit. The Nordic atmosphere and skating ‘boulevard’ accompanied us along the way, enchanting us as far as Breuleux. And finally the end of the dream… but we have promised to do a classic each year!”
Denis, Marc, Séverine and Muriel
Itinerary setting off from Breuleux
Day one: Les Breuleux - La Combe à la Biche - Les Bois - Le Noirmont - Les Emibois - Saignelégier
Distance : 29 km
Day two: Saignelégier - La Theurre - Le Cernil - Les Breuleux
Distance: 13 km
Good to know
- Suggested overnight stay in Saignelégier: Hôtel Cristal, well-being centre.
- Possibility of extending the 2nd day’s cross-country skiing with the circuits at the trails “Milles Sapins” (8 km with connection), "Genevez" (15 km with connection) or “Premiers Flocons” (11 km with connection) in Breuleux.
- Snow report
Cross-country skiing voucher
To ensure the maintenance of the runs, please obtain a "cross-country skiing" voucher.
It's possible to buy them at :
- CJ railway stations, Saignelégier et Tramelan
- Jura Tourisme, Saignelégier et Delémont
- Chez Sandrine, Les Breuleux
- Boutique Fringu'en, Le Noirmont
- Auberge de Jeunesse, Le Bémont
- Téleski Les Genevez
- Auberge de la Gare, Pré-Petitjean
- Logis de la Licorne, La Ferrière
- At the runs themselves
DownloadMaps of the runs | PDF, 7.14 MB
Route Grande Boucle | JPG, 2.24 MB