A looping route starting from Montfaucon
"We fancied a change from the Alps, so we booked a week at the REKA holiday village in Montfaucon. It was in February and fortunately there was plenty of snow. We knew that it wasn't a certainty at that altitude (1,000 m) but everything was perfect there. The first day after we arrived, we hired from snowshoes from the village reception desk and set off for a walk with our children. We took the route, which is ideal for families. Needless to say, every break was an excuse for a snowball fight. The children still remember it."
Ariane and family
Route 5: Montfaucon - Direction Le Bémont - Montfaucon
Easy, gradient 80m.
Good to know
- A further route of 4 km is marked starting at the train station of Le Pré-Petitjean (route 4).
- Snowshoe hire at the CJ stations in Saignelégier and Tramelan. Prices including equipment and one-day CJ ticket: adults CHF 29.00. Children and concessions CHF 25.00 (up to size 33: CHF 8.00).
- An additional rental place: Auberge de la Gare in Montfaucon.
- Jura Railways also offer raquettes-fondue packages.
- Feel-Good Day or Weekend Chez Le Roy with a snowshoeswalk.
DownloadFlyer "snowshoes - Franches-Montagnes" | PDF, 7.57 MB
Gare de Saignelégier
T. +41 (0) 32 952 42 75
Gare de Tramelan
T. +41 (0) 32 486 93 45
Rue de la Gare 11
T. +41 (0) 32 952 42 90