A looping route starting from Saignelégier
"One Sunday afternoon with some friends, we went on snowshoes from Saignelégier to the Etang des Royes and back. The Franches-Montagnes are really fantastic in winter when the snow covers the roofs of the houses and the fir trees. We were able to walk with snowshoes on our feet and the weather was great. Time flies by as you wander and what's more, it is a real sport! I realised that the next morning when I got up - how my muscles hurt! That was a really nice day. Snowshoes are brilliant and I will definitely do it again!"
Marked route no. 3: Saignelégier - Etang des Royes - Saignelégier
Distance: 5.2 km
Gradient 130 m.
Good to know
- Snowshoe hire at the CJ stations in Saignelégier and Tramelan. Prices including equipment and one-day CJ ticket: adults CHF 29.00. Children and concessions CHF 25.00 (up to size 33: CHF 8.00).
- In the Franches-Montagnes Leisure Centre in Saignelégier, Spa and Wellness are available.
- Jura Railways also offer snowshoe-fondue packages.
- Feel-Good Day or Weekend Chez Le Roy with a snowshoeswalk.
- Possibility to get from Le Pré-Petitjean to Saignelégier (route 3 + route 4).
DownloadFlyer "snowshoes Franches-Montagnes" | PDF, 7.57 MB
Gare de Saignelégier
T. +41 (0) 32 952 42 75
Gare du Noirmont
T. +41 (0) 32 486 93 03
Gare de Tramelan
T. +41 (0) 32 486 93 45
Rue de la Gare 11
T. +41 (0) 32 952 42 90