Guided tour, Porrentruy
"I would never have guessed that Porrentruy was such a pretty town. As I walked from the castle via the schools, the Hôtel-Dieu and parish church, the fountains and the alleyways, I discovered its incredible history. You will not find these treasures by accident - in fact you must seek them out by listening to the guide's tales of the Diocese of Basle, Rudolf of Hapsburg, the citizens and the charter, the Prince-Bishops and the Jesuits, the French and subsequent Bernese periods and the new canton. That was how I gained an insight into the rebellious spirit of the inhabitants of this area and this town, who have seen so much turmoil through the ages but have managed to keep all the traces of their history within their walls."
A delighted tourist
Discovering the old town and its heritage
Duration: 1h, 1h30 or 2h
Groups: up to 25 people per guide
Price: from CHF 100.00, CHF 130.00 or CHF 160.00
Languages: French, German, English, Italian, Spanish, other languages on request.
Bookings: all year round at the tourist office
Optional tour :
- Apothecary in the "Hôtel-Dieu" Museum, price on request.
- Tasting aperitif : CHF 10.- per person
- Dinner aperitif : CHF 20.- per person
Good to know
- It is not possible to visit the castle on weekends since it is an administrative building. Nevertheless, the Circuit secret grants access to several unusual places nearby which are usually closed.
- The city tours can be thematically oriented, our reception office will be glad to provide the necessary information. For example:
- Porrentruy in different centuries
- Porrentruy from a religious aspect
- Porrentruy in the course of time
- Watchmaking is a prominent industry in Porrentruy and "watchmaking tours" are also available for booking.
- Great gift idea: town/city-tour vouchers are available from Jura Tourism centres.
- Baroque organ concerts in the Jesuit church of Porrentruy. It is possible to reserve a musical interlude before or after the guided city tour.
DownloadPorrentruy on foot | PDF, 3.74 MB
Rue du 23-Juin 20
Case postale 67
T. +41 (0) 32 432 41 80
F. +41 (0) 32 432 41 81